Teacher Horizons advertise International Teachings vacancies worldwide. Teachers are pre-screened by the agency and only endorsed teachers' profiles are sent to schools. www.teacherhorizons.com
MAKING CONTACTS AND NETWORKING
ATTEND A FAIR AND LAND YOUR DREAM JOB
Job Fairs are a very popular way for International Educators to secure teaching positions abroad. ISS and Search Associates are currently leading the charge, with Teach Away and Edvectus having recently followed suit. You usually have to be signed up or registered with an Agency in advance in order to attend a Job Fair. They are often held in hotel conference rooms with an open-plan layout.
There are many benefits to attending Job Fairs, including:
- The opportunity to meet a large number of Principals face-to-face
- Being able to compare offers and schools before making a decision
- Having the opportunity to network with schools and teachers
- Schools often make their offers at the fair, meaning that you could quite easily leave the fair with a job
There are also some drawbacks to attending Job Fairs:
- Depending on the location of the fair, you may have to pay for flights and accommodation in order to attend
- You may need to take some time off from work to attend
- There are no guarantees that you will secure a job, as competition for positions can be fierce
- There is often a registration fee of between $50 and $100 (USD) in order to secure your place at the fair
*ISS has recently started hosting ‘iFairs’, which are online Job Fairs. iFairs can significantly reduce costs while still providing many of the benefits of a conventional Job Fair. We predict many Recruitment Agencies will soon adopt this trend.