Getting your documents apostilled or legalised is a process required by many countries in order to obtain a work visa. For most countries an apostille is sufficient to recognise your qualifications and certificates. This is a two step process where your documents must first be notarised by a solicitor or a public notary in your home country, then apostilled by the relevant government agency in your country.

However, countries that are not members of the Hague Apostille Convention do not recognise an apostille. Therefore if you need to have your documents approved by one of these countries (Incl. UAE, Qatar, China, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thiland, Malaysia etc.) you will have to go through a third step called embassy legalisation.

Below you will find a detailed guide on the apostillle and legalisation process for specific countries.

*It is worth noting that many people use the words certified, authorised, apostilled, interchangeably. The process outlined below is what you are being asked for, regardless of the words or phrases used!

If time is not on your side then there are companies and agencies that can help with the process. A popular agency that many International teachers use is Vital Certificates. This tends to be a good option if you are currently overseas or do not have the time or means to do it yourself. It can also make the process smoother and less stressful, though it should be noted that it is a more expensive option.

You can request a free quote on their website by clicking the relevant link below:

Attestation Quote with Vital Certificates